Saturday, June 2, 2012

Photoshop CS 6 upgrade

Well folks, it's official.  We have made the upgrade to Photoshop CS6 Extended at Saberune Design.  This means that from now on, our tutorials will be done within the CS6 workspace.



Still using CS5?  Not to worry.  While CS6 has a plethora of upgrades, design changes, and some things that just outright didn't exist in CS5, for the most part, CS6 is an enhancement of tools and techniques that already existed in CS5 rather than a replacement.  The folks at Adobe decided that this time, instead of trying to re-create the essence of Photoshop and swoop in with a pile of overly dramatic changes, they would take the existing tools, and simply refine and improve upon them. 

What's this mean for you?  Well, it's good news.  If you haven't quite decided to bite the bullet and upgrade yet, you're not out in the cold.  Most, of the techniques I will be showing can still be replicated using the CS5 format.  The look, placement, and overall technique my feel a little different from now on, but you'll still be using familiar tools to accomplish familiar goals.  The difference now is (for the most part) these tools are easier, more intuitive, and more efficient than ever.

I will be doing my very best to make the transition from 5 to 6 as painless as possible.  To that end, if you ever have one of those "I can't quite seem to reproduce your results in CS5. help!" moments, I will be here.  I still have a copy of CS5 handy, so I can explain the differences between the two versions for you with any technique I show in my tutorials.  And if worse comes to worst, you might even be able to talk me into producing a CS5 version of the tutorial.

If you have questions at all, you can simply ask them in the comment section of the tutorials, or email me directly at saberune@gmail.com.

Thanks for supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment