Friday, February 17, 2012

Blogged

Hey guys.  I just created a new blog so that I can share some of the Photoshop knowledge I've gained over the years.  Coming soon (I already have two tutorial videos cut and waiting for upload)  I'll be providing online tutorials, primarily to help local designers and artists learn some of the finer points of Photoshop, but of course since this is a blog, they'll be available to the world.

A lot of online tutorials that are out there today, while brilliant, oftentimes assume that the user has at least a little knowledge about Photoshop, it's user interface, and design in general.  They sometimes don't go into enough detail during certain steps in the process or worst case, outright omit vital portions, leaving the user in a fog.  Another thing that happens quite often is you'll stumble across a really interesting design, only to discover that the project is basically finished, and all that's left is to tie a bow on it.  This is great for showing off your talent, but downright sinful when you're calling it a tutorial.  That's why it's called a tutorial and not a resume'.

The main thing I hope to do is to avoid both of these tutorial pitfalls.  My goal is to teach the techniques that I've learned in such a way that even someone who's barely (or never) used Photoshop should be able to follow along and complete the project.  Not only will you be able to complete the project, but (hopefully) you'll come away with a little understanding as to why things work out the way they do.

I promise to always do my best to make tutorials that are deliberate and in-depth, giving extra explanations where required.  And if I come up a little short on this goal, I will always make myself available to answer any questions you might have.

Well, that's probably good enough for an introductory post.  Stay tuned for the tutorials.  They're coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment